Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

 






On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct sun, so I scooched my chair over by the door to get some shade. I guess one of the legs of the chair just happened to end up on the edge of a weak board and it started to break through as I was in the middle of trying to seriously answer one of the questions. My friend watched in horror as I slowly went down, rolling out of the chair, laughing hysterically. She said, "you know how accidents feel as if they are happening in slow motion, what happened was actually in slow motion."

My left side is bruised but I am ok. I contacted the landlord and he put a piece of plywood over the broken plank. I love that deck. I hope he replaces it with one I won't have to worry about falling through the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

  On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct ...