Saturday, March 13, 2021

Night





The frogs are chirping outside my bedroom window and it sounds as if that's the noise stars would make twinkling in the sky. There are hundreds of them singing their nightsongs. I can see the moon shining through my window and it is lovely to look at while I wait to doze off to sleep. The train will sound its warning in the early morning hours and the coyotes start yipping along with it. Then my cat starts racing about the house as if possessed while some critter is lurking close to the house. I duck under the covers to avoid his claws at three in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Love the synesthesia of your first sentence! (And I just looked up that third word in my comment, to verify its spelling 😁)

    ReplyDelete

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

  On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct ...