Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sleepy Sunday







Putting on pajamas and snuggling under the covers sounds like such an amazing idea right now. The problem is it's only 4 in the afternoon. The sky is overcast and the foliage is dancing in the wind. The house is just chilly enough to require a a pair of socks and a blanket to cover up while sitting on the couch. Everytime the kitty yawns, I yawn with him. 

I've cleaned the kitchen and bathroom as well as put away some laundry. My son is home and I am so grateful for the time together. It makes it even sweeter that he reached out and asked to come home to see me. It's been heavy on my heart while he has been solely at his dad's but I know that is what is needed at this time. Seventeen is hard. I am a mom and at his age, do not have what he needs from a dad. I am grateful he has his dad in his life. 


3 comments:

  1. Tucked in, and yet still productive, not to mention a little family bonding. Sounds like a pretty nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - that's sweet that your son reached out to you. That would be so hard to not have your son around all the time, but it's so generous and wise of you to know what's best for your son. Sleepy Sunday indeed. The cool, cloudy weather, the time change, just the fact that it's Sunday...definitely a mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good day to curl up and nice to have your son with you for awhile. Hope you were able to enjoy this cozy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

  On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct ...