Thursday, March 18, 2021

Brrrrr

 





I live in a 100 year-old farm house that is not insulated and is without a centeral heating and air system.  It is pouring outside tonight and I am really cold - so cold that I am bundled in layers of clothing under a pile of blankets so heavy I can barely move. I considered starting a fire in the little pot-bellied stove in the living room but by the time I came home to when the house would actually warm up, meant that I would be up every couple of hours to keep it going. I am waving the white flag and heading off to sleep. I know I will sleep well but I hope my nose doesn't fall off. 

1 comment:

  1. Something to be said for all that swaddling, but also not circumstances to repeat any more often than absolutely necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

  On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct ...