Friday, March 19, 2021

Do I Want Life or Do I Want Death?

 





What a high energy day today! I haven't felt this way in a long time. I recently changed my diet by eliminating most "white" foods that have an adverse effect on my body - white rice, white bread, white pasta, white potatoes and anything with lots of white sugar. Today is day 6 and I am so proud of myself for getting this far. I just need to keep reminding myself that I want to feel good more than I want the food. I also need to make sure that I have healthy snacks on hand so that I don't use that as an excuse to make poor choices.

Almost all of my thoughts and actions are food driven. Every time I'm in the car, depending on where I am going, I start planning where I can pick up something to eat. I am not sure when it began but needs to end so I can save my health in turn saving lots of money. Every decision I make in regards to food needs to be met with "Do I want life or do I want death?" It is that serious. 

Today I choose life. I choose to feel good. I choose to love and take care of myself. At times, I see the reflection of myself right now and at moments feel uncomfortable in my clothes and say to myself, "If you don't like it, change it." I am choosing to change it. I hope tomorrow I feel the same.

2 comments:

  1. Understatement: The title of your slice got my attention. I'm thinking encouraging thoughts for you as you navigate each choice that comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratss! Six days to making changes is big! These are hard changes to make. I was forced into this type of change years ago with a heart attack. We reduced carbs - they all turn to sugar and that is the big issue. All the white food as you say! Stay with it - the first few weeks are the hardest. It gets easy as your body begins to understand the change and you will feel so much better. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

  On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct ...