Monday, March 15, 2021

For the Birds

 





It's been a year since I started being interested in watching birds. I don't know how I've come to be just like all the older women in my family. I am an animal lover and enjoy all kinds of creatures but there is something about birds, from majestic hawks to cute little finches and glorious hummingbirds, that I just can't resist. I've even condsidered buying a bird feeder and a birdbath. For a hot minute, I debated asking my landlord if I could purchase a hen house to raise some chickens. I am truly puzzled. What is happening to me?

5 comments:

  1. In my family we call it "drinking the koolaid." Both my sisters and my niece are avid birders now, tracking their every sighting on e-bird. I go along for the chance to be outside with company - quiet company listening for birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE birds. I, too, would love to reaise some chickens. Embrace it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, friend! We love birds, too! We have feeders and baths and identification books. But something also that we have enjoyed is a singing bird clock.now we can identify bird calls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you visited this fellow slicer? https://readingteachsu.wordpress.com/2021/03/15/for-the-birds-sol21/ I thought of her post as soon as I read yours. Birds of a feather 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love birds and am working to redesign my back yard to be more bird friendly. Chickens are a lot of work but might be fun!
    Enjoy the song of the spring birds!

    ReplyDelete

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

  On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct ...