Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Play Ball!

 





My son found out he made the varsity baseball team today. I am so excited and as I celebrate with him he says "Stop it mom! That's embarrassing." I get it so I stop and beam quietly instead. I think I also cried a little. He has been playing baseball since he was three years old. He also plays football and excels at both but I believe baseball is his favorite. If not his, then mine for sure. The thing is, he didn't make the team last year. Out of all the guys who tried out, he was one of two cuts. 

He was blind-sided and devastated. He was shocked and embarassed. He was confused and angry. But, he never gave up. He participated in what he could and showed the varsity coach that not only can he play, he cared.  I am so proud of his perseverance and that it showed him it pays off to work for something you love.

I am so ready to dust off my chair, sit in the beautiful sunshine and watch him play.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats to both you and him! This is a big deal for sure. Enjoy those games in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That moment that swings from boisterous pride to quiet beaming was well captured. Hope you both enjoy games in the sun soon.

    ReplyDelete

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

  On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct ...