Saturday, March 6, 2021

Meow


 



I wonder what the cat wants when he meows at me. When his dish of food is full, his water bowl has been refereshed, his litter box completely clean, he's been played with until disinterest, and I have snuggled with him before bed, he's still trying to be heard. I wish I could understand but I don't so I just start asking him questions. "What do you want?" "Are you tired?" "Ready to go to bed?" I could go on. Anyway, he responds in kind after every time I ask a different question. His meows vary in tone and volume and I have no idea what we are communicating but it seems to work for him.

He is currently cuddled up on the bed, letting me know it's time to sleep. I am sure he misses Michael who loves him dearly but he is not here for now. So Tarzan continues to follow me throughout the house - into the kitchen, the livingroom, the bathroom. Wherever I go, he is at my heels meowing about something.

2 comments:

  1. First off, Tarzan sounds like an excellent cat name. Secondly, this slice reminded me of Gary Larson's Far Side cartoons about life with dogs. I suspect parallel panels could be created about cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat must sense there is a change in the house and he is sorting it out. Tarzan is a great name. Our Grandson loves cats so there are times when we find ourselves listen to Cat Sounds on you tube. It is a short video about what cats and saying with their different sounds. Pretty funny at time!

    ReplyDelete

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

  On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct ...