Sunday, March 7, 2021

They Write and They Write and They Write





I have lots to say about lots of things that I don't know if it's ok to say here. 

I am tired and it's only Sunday. How am I going to get through the week and it hasn't even started? 

Parent Conferences are coming up and I have a feeling their frustrations are going to come out during the time we have with them. They want answers I don't have. They are tired and frustrated and fearful their children are behind and will never get caught up. I don't think they believe me when I say everything will be ok. I will continue to work hard to help them advance in reading and writing, in speaking and listening, in thinking and growing. 

Our state testing, believe it or not, begins in May. Bring it on, I say! Let's show them this pandemic has not stopped us from growing. Yes, there have been many setbacks but all the students I am responsible for did not give up. They keep showing up each day, at school and online, ready to try whatever I ask of them. They write and they write and they write. And they get better. 

2 comments:

  1. I hear the concerns you hear. I also see students persevering. Conferences and testing likely loom, and those, too, shall pass. Hang in there, and remember: It's all ok to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! What a year! Our parents are worried and frustrated too! I'm not sure, though, that state testing will really show us anything we don't already know.

    ReplyDelete

Falling Through the Cracks on the Porch

  On Sunday, a friend and I were sitting on the deck practicing for an upcoming interview. It was getting pretty warm sitting in the direct ...